By Erik Dahlman,Stefan Parkvall,Johan Skold
This booklet makes a speciality of LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply a whole photograph of the LTE system. precise reasons are given for the most recent LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry approaches, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and method performance.
Key applied sciences awarded comprise multi-carrier transmission, complex single-carrier transmission, complicated receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna ideas, radio source administration and protocols, and diversified radio community architectures. Their function and use within the context of cellular broadband entry in most cases is defined, giving either a high-level review and extra specific step by step explanations.
This ebook is a must have source for engineers and different execs within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an realizing of the way to make use of the hot know-how as a way to remain prior to the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and more advantageous multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal buildings and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the help for heterogeneous deployments supplied by means of the most recent 3GPP release
- Detailed description of recent stronger downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a collection of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with aid for better frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, giant antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers a whole replace to the newest 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, masking small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE free up 12 together with extra improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read or Download 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband PDF
Similar mobile & wireless communications books
A well timed addition to the knowledge of IMT-Advanced, this booklet areas specific emphasis at the new components which IMT-Advanced applied sciences depend upon in comparison with their predecessors. those most modern components comprise Radio source administration, service Aggregation, enhanced MIMO help and Relaying. each one approach is carefully defined and illustrated prior to being surveyed in context of the LTE-Advanced criteria.
Addressing the elemental applied sciences and theories linked to designing advanced communications structures and networks, ideas of Communications Networks and platforms presents versions and analytical tools for comparing their functionality. together with either the actual layer (digital transmission and modulation) and networking issues, the standard of carrier ideas belonging to the several layers of the protocol stack are interrelated to shape a accomplished photo.
The telecommunications has complicated in fast, major and unpredictable methods into the twenty first century. worldwide Networks: layout, Engineering and Operation courses the worldwide and academia even additional via supplying an in-depth examine the present and constructing traits, in addition to reading the complicated problems with constructing, introducing, and dealing with state-of-the-art telecommunications applied sciences.
With the advances in small and reasonably cheap radio transceivers and RF front-ends improvement, the potential for making use of ubiquitous and non-invasive sensors built-in into user’s day-by-day garments and residing actions turns out extra possible. the facility to percentage facts raises the usefulness of non-public details units, delivering beneficial properties impossible with autonomous remoted units.
- LTE Services (Iste)
- Radio Access Networks for UMTS: Principles and Practice
- Building Wireless Sensor Networks: Theoretical and Practical Perspectives
- Wireless Sensor Networks: Principles and Practice
- Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks
- Energy Efficient Cooperative Wireless Communication and Networks
Extra resources for 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband
4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband by Erik Dahlman,Stefan Parkvall,Johan Skold