By Mark Noble
Read Online or Download American Poetic Materialism from Whitman to Stevens (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
The 'transnational' flip has remodeled modernist experiences, hard Western authority over modernism and positioning race and racial theories on the very centre of ways we now comprehend glossy literature. Modernism and Race examines relationships among racial typologies and literature within the past due 19th and early 20th centuries, drawing on fin de siécle types of anthropology, sociology, political technological know-how, linguistics and biology.
What occurs whilst a critique of modernity -- a "revolt opposed to the traditions of the Western international" -- is located inside of a non-European context, the place the concept that of the trendy has been unavoidably tied to clone of the West? Seiji M. Lippit o
Reframing Yeats, the 1st severe research of its style, strains the ancient improvement of W. B. Yeats's writings around the genres, reading his poetry, autobiographical writings, feedback, and drama with a similar serious research. whereas latest experiences of Yeats's paintings choose from a biographical orientation or a formalist process, Armstrong's examine combines the idea of latest Historicism and Hermeneutics: a theoretical method that takes Yeatsian scholarship one step additional.
Named after a small local in London the place its participants settled as teens, the Bloomsbury team produced a powerful physique of labor that yielded British Post-Impressionist portray, literary modernism, the sector of macroeconomics, and a brand new course for public style in paintings. This spouse deals a complete advisor to the highbrow and social contexts surrounding Bloomsbury and its coterie, consisting of author Virginia Woolf, economist Maynard Keynes, and artwork critic Roger Fry, between others.
- The Spanish American Crónica Modernista, Temporality and Material Culture: Modernismo's Unstoppable Presses (Bucknell Studies in Latin American Literature and Theory)
- Rethinking Race, Politics, and Poetics: C.L.R. James' Critique of Modernity (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- Intricate Thicket: Reading Late Modernist Poetries (Modern & Contemporary Poetics)
- Marcel Proust (Henry McBride Series in Modernism and Modernity)
- Broadcasting in the Modernist Era (Historicizing Modernism)
- Legitimizing the Artist: Manifesto Writing and European Modernism 1885-1915 (Toronto Italian Studies)
Additional info for American Poetic Materialism from Whitman to Stevens (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
American Poetic Materialism from Whitman to Stevens (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture) by Mark Noble